Example of a Mandatory Professional Placement
As a nursing student, Rochelle started doing clinical placements in her second year. By the time she graduated, she had completed a rotational program in children’s, maternal, emergency and mental health - as well as amassing over 400 hours of clinical practice time needed as a step of being a registered nurse.
Benefits to Employers
- Ensure that students have the ethical and technical aptitudes for the job
- Provide day-to-day support.
- Develop and update resources, complete projects and undertake research
Are you an employer who wants to get started offering a mandatory professional practice? Contact us here.
Benefits to Students
- Ensure that the type of work is a good fit for the student
- Gradually develop confidence and increasing independence under careful supervision.
- Build strong professional connections and a deep understanding of workplace culture.